When it comes to President Obama, I feel like I keep hearing God tell me, “Remember Saul/Paul, remember who he was as Saul and who he became after I entered his heart.” This ALONE makes me come to the realization that God is doing something in which we absolutely CANNOT see, right now. I believe we have got to remember this is GOD’s show, not Obama’s nor is it ours. I can confidently say, God is going to do something over the next four years that will blow our minds and literally have many of us bowing down in awe of His power, glory, steadfast love, and faithfulness. I may not have wanted Obama as President BUT now I welcome him, and to be honest we all need to as well. He as President again is at the work of the Almighty God’s hands and we HAVE to welcome it! We need to remember at the end of the day God is higher and more powerful than our President, our Congress, and ourselves. Also, keep in mind as these days are progressively becoming harder, the KING is coming! Remain focused on the coming City and not the city of now, which will pass away.
Here are some challenges I would like to give to you all:
- PRAY: Pray for Obama, Pray for his wife and his little girls. Pray Ephesians 3:14-19 over this family. Pray for strength and wisdom for Obama and even those in Congress as they make decisions for our Country, that the decisions made are in line with the Will of the Lord. Pray that the Holy Spirit will dwell with them and engulf the White House and the Capital making His presence known!
- HAVE HEART: When you pray for them, MEAN IT! Do not pray for them just to pray for them! Have a heart for them! Even if this does not change this family or those in Congress, it WILL change you. (Luke 6:32,35-36…that whole passage there is also a good one to live by in general)
- DON’T stop praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- REMEMBER: Keep in mind the Will of the Lord may not always be what you wanted. His ways are not our ways but they are ALWAYS GOOD! So, trust in the Lord as President Obama and Congress are making decisions, even if they are not right. Remembering also that the Lord is looking out for you and He will not let evil overtake His children! (Isaiah 55:8-9, Romans 8:28, Psalms 145)
- RESPECT: Most Importantly RESPECT Obama! You may not agree with the man BUT he is our President and was placed in his leadership position by the ordained will of the Lord, making it a MUST to respect him. (Romans 13:1-7)
“For the Lord is our judge; the Lord is our lawgiver; the Lord is our King; he will save us.” (Isaiah 33:22)
“For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.” (Hebrews 13:14)